Email marketing offers the one of the highest ROI (returns on investment) among all the digital marketing strategies that are available today. It is a great way to communicate with your customers and prospects directly. It is indispensable for increasing sales, as well as brand value. So, every company which aims to reach the customers directly needs to start with email marketing right now.
Signing up users to your email list
Since the number of email users in the world greatly outnumber the users of social media, email marketing can be even more effective than social media marketing. However, most users tend to ignore unsolicited emails. Hence, if you start sending emails to a random list of email ids, there’s a high chance that it will be considered as spam and your entire investment will go to a waste.
The solution is to get people to sign up willingly to receive emails from you. Once this is implemented, they will look forward to hearing from you and will open almost every mail that you send. This will allow you to send personalized and targeted emails to them and also make your interaction more meaningful and result oriented.
The first step in email marketing is to build an email list. With the advent of several tools, building an email list is easier than ever before. Optinmonster, Feedburner, and Jetpack are very popular among the tools that make the process of building the list easy and hassle-free.
Steps towards building an email list
1. Select an email marketing service: You can choose from a variety of free and premium services that allow you to create email lists.
2. Place the sign-up forms in strategic locations on your website: Users can sign up to receive emails through double opt-in forms that are placed on your website. Place the form in prominent locations like the header, sidebar, and the blog page, so that people notice it and sign up easily. Make the opt-in forms well designed, simple, intuitive and attractive.
3. Offer incentives: Give out free gifts to every user who signs up for your email list. E-books, courses, coupons, etc. are excellent for attracting the users to sign up. Supercharge Your Email List Signups With These Ideas
Types of email lists that can be built
- Free email lists: the users can sign up to receive free updates when you once you post a new content in your blog. Again, Jetpack makes this process super easy. These are free emails which are generally not customized for every user.
- Premium emails list: Premium services like MailChimp and AWeber allow you to build an email list and then send personalized emails to your customers. These plug-ins also allow you to do a variety of other services like A/B testing for different versions of an email and also provides email analytics.
Building an email list can benefit any business across the world. An SEO service in Phoenix can help you to build your list. Speak to one, and start building your email list now.